From 12 years old
The strong points
- For those who like absailing,
- very vertical,
- suspended pools,
- an enchanting context.
You will need
- swimsuit / swimming trunks
- walking shoes or trainers
- a bottle of water and a pic-nic
When / how?
- Meeting place : Breil-sur-Roya (gare SNCF)
- Season : April to October depending on weather conditions
- Maximum 8 people per guide
Conditions for Modification
Outdoor activities are subject to the whims of the weather! Your guide reserves the right to modify or postpone the programme in order to guarantee your total safety.
A canyoning trip at Morghé
Particularly vertical, the Morghé canyon is the most beautiful known canyon in the Maglia; your day will be spent here. The main activity during this canyon is absailing, the highest descent measuring 60 metres. Passionate absailers with be delighted. During this athletic route you will come across superb suspended pools.
- Rendez-vous at the arranged time in the train station car park in Breil-sur-Roya
- Follow your guide in his super Renault Express up the vertiginous Maglia valley to reach the departure point; the road will already get your heart rate up!
- Take with you all the necessary canyoning equipment, and leave your personal belongings in the car. You can carry your pic-nic and small valuable items in the waterproof container provided.
- Sylvain will give you the security instructions and afterwards you will plunge straight into the canyon with the first absail. Those who love absailing will have a great time because absailing is the main activity before plunging into the Maglia canyon.
- The next part of the route is more aquatic; swimming passages, jumps and waterslides. Have you already heard of the mythical Maglia cave? Well, now is the time to visit it. The cave visit also signals the last part of this route which ends with some jumps, a short absail (for those who still haven’t had enough), and even a short section of via ferrata.
- To end this intense day, what better than another little jump?
- You will get back to the road feeling thrilled, and finish with a 25 minute walk downhill
- Back to the cars at the start of the Maglia canyon
Transport and access
The village of Breil-sur-Roya, in the Alpes-Maritimes, is 50 minutes from Nice and Monaco.
To reach the meeting point, if you are arriving from Nice, take the direction towards Italy and then take the N204 up the Roya valley until you reach Breil-sur-Roya.