Minimum 14 years old
The strong points
- Exotic new surroundings guaranteed!
- Series of jumps, waterslides and absailing
- Discover magnificent caves
- Breathtaking surroundings
- Intense sensations guaranteed!
You will need
- swimsuit / swimming trunks
- walking shoes or trainers
- a bottle of water and a pic-nic
When / how?
- Meeting place : Breil-sur-Roya (gare SNCF)
- Season : April to October depending on weather conditions
- Maximum 8 people per guide
Conditions for Modification
Outdoor activities are subject to the whims of the weather! Your guide reserves the right to modify or postpone the programme in order to guarantee your total safety.
Canyoning in the Maglia
In the Roya valley, 15 minutes from the village of Breil-sur-Roya, the Maglia canyon is a rare pearl, a mythical canyon known for its’ splendour. Before visiting this canyon it is difficult to imagine such an exotic context in the countryside just outside of Nice! : crystal-clear turquoise swimming passages, deep pools and a visit to a famous cave nestled amidst magical vegetation.
An endless series of sensational jumps, waterslides and absails. The descent of the canyon lasts 5 hours and you will come out of it amazed. A favourite for everybody and an unforgettable day guaranteed!
- Meeting point at the train station in Breil-sur-Roya at the arranged time
- C’est parti! Follow your guide on this particularly vertiginous road which leads to the start of the Maglia canyon, a dizzying experience! But don’t worry, even Sylvain’s old Renault Express has survived this road for the past ten years.
- Take with you all the necessary canyoning equipment, and leave your personal belongings in the car. You can carry your pic-nic and small valuable items in the waterproof container provided.
- Sylvain will give you security instructions before a 5 minute walk in a forest and then this fantastic descent begins! The relaxed atmosphere of Canyon et Merveilles will ensure that you have a great day!
- Jumps from 2 to 10 metres, waterslides, a section underneath a waterfall and in a cave… all that before lunch. You won’t believe your eyes, we still don’t!
- No hot sand here but instead you will eat lunch perched on rocks (be careful, rocks burn bottoms too) and afterwards you will rejoin the same route which continues until the end of the canyon.
- You will arrive at the road singing “la la la” and we finish with a 25 minute downhill walk
- We rejoin the cars at the start of the Maglia canyon
The village of Breil-sur-Roya is 50 minutes from Nice and Monaco.
To reach the meeting point, if you are arriving from Nice, take the direction towards Italy and then take the N204 up the Roya valley until you reach Breil-sur-Roya.