Minimum 8 years old
The strong points
- a wild canyon with few visitors
- turquoise and transparent waters
- varied surroundings
- big waterslides (optional)
You will need
- swimsuit / swimming trunks
- walking shoes or trainers
- a bottle of water and a pic-nic
When / how?
- Meeting place : Breil-sur-Roya (gare SNCF)
- Season : April to October depending on weather conditions
- Maximum 8 people per guide
Conditions for modification
Outdoor activities are subject to the whims of the weather! Your guide reserves the right to modify or postpone the programme in order to guarantee your total safety.
Canyoning in the Carleva
The lower end of the Carleva is a little frequented canyon. You will have the chance to practice canyoning far from the crowds, which is rare!
A canyon which offers a grandiose route passing through unexpected surroundings. The programme: big waterslides, multiple jumps (optional) and a section with a roap! All that in an exotic, colourful environment. And as we like to repeat at Canyon et Merveilles, take your time and make the most of it!
- Meeting point in the village of Breil-sur-Roya at the arranged time.
- C’est parti! Follow your guide in his old Renault Express for around 15 minutes on the road which leads to the Carleva canyon.
- Take with you all the necessary canyoning equipment, and leave your personal belongings in the car. You can carry your pic-nic and small valuable items in the waterproof container provided.
- Sylvain will give you the security instructions, don’t worry, he doesn’t turn into an air hostess… just 2 little minutes of concentration!
- A 25 minute walk in the forest alongside an ancient irrigation canal… its worth it!
- We hit the first jumps early on which will get you into the swing of the Carleva canyon!
- The first waterslide is a big one! (about 10 metres long), at the end of which you will plunge into a deep transparent pool. This is an ideal spot to practice jumping from various different heights into this incredible turquoise water!
- Next you will advance towards the narrowest part of the Carleva canyon, which offers a number of absailing opportunities, jumps and giant waterslides; for the brave not the prudent! No stress with Canyon et Merveilles… we already told you : the atmosphere is cool!
- The second part of the route is more relaxed and your guide will lead you to a pic-nic spot, because of course canyoning makes your stomach rumble! And then you will be led to a magical setting lined with stalactites.
- Another few jumps and slides in a beautiful turquoise watery world.
- You will end the day with a 15 minute walk before arriving at your car.
Transport and access
The village of Breil-sur-Roya, in the Alpes-Maritimes, is 50 minutes from Nice and Monaco.
To reach the meeting point, if you are arriving from Nice, take the direction towards Italy and then take the N204 up the Roya valley until you reach Breil-sur-Roya.